Monday, March 11, 2013

It's Catch Up Time! Wisconsin, Ft. Desoto, Gulfport and St. Pete Beach

My posts from Florida were few and far between (actually, I only had one), not because there wasn't a LOT happening but only because the blog app on the ipad is buggy.  I could only write long posts if I used Rudy's PC so when he couldn't get a virus off it, I was stuck. I'll try to recap 4 months in Florida the best I can.


Wisconsin

Rudy flew up to Wisconsin on 1/9/13 to spend time with his mother who had hip surgery on the 11th.  She came out of the surgery okay but may eventually need to give up her apartment in the retirement center and live in the health care center from now on but that decision is for another day.  She's 94 and is doing well in all other areas.  

 Ft. Desoto, FL

One of our favorite spots down here is Ft. Desoto, primarily because they not only have a dog park but they have a section of beach that dogs can be on.  That's very unusual on any coastline we've been on in Florida.  Ft. Desoto also has a fishing pier.  Going fishing here is on our bucket list.  Since we got our new fingertip bowling balls, we've spent most of our spare time at the alleys.  We don't know if we'll ever get the bowling thing totally figured out so we might as well go fishing.






Gulfport and St. Pete Beach

Gulfport is very tourist-oriented but IMHO there isn't much there of interest.  Here I am, taking a test to find out which of my chakras are weak. I had to pretend; I apparently don't have any weak chakras.


St. Pete Beach, on the other hand, is very beautiful.  We had lunch with our Canadian neighbors at the top of an outdoor restaurant.  Very scenic.











No comments:

Post a Comment