Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Toe, Curly, Jewelry, Haircut

Toe


Lest you think everything in Florida was fun and games, it wasn't.  I hit the edge of the hassock and broke my toe.  I don't remember if this was before or after our 3 weeks of being sick with bronchitis (both of us!).  We had some miserable days and gave up bowling, Euchre, Bridge, dances and seeing our friends during this time.  I think we deserve another month down there for that!




Curly


Curly is never happy in Florida.  There are no moles to dig, no place to chase squirrels, and it's always, "That damn leash!"  He does, however, revel in the amount of attention he gets.  He's still a "chick magnet" and the favorite of many of our friends.



Jewelry


In addition to my quilting and 8 weeks of guitar lessons, I did find time to hone my jewelry-making skills.  I made some mother-daughter bracelets for Wendy and Stella.  I thought they worked out pretty good.



Haircut


You're going to have to feel sorry for me on this one but one of the hardest parts of being gone so long (to me) is figuring out what to do with my hair!  I have a stylist in Nashville who I just love.  I can't afford his plane fare to come down and help me out every couple of months so I had to find a stylist in Florida.  I found one but don't you think that a half of a haircut should be half price?  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment