I've really neglected this blog since we "moved" to Florida for the winter. Our days are filled with activities in the park, getting to know our new neighbors and catching up with old friends. Oh, and gardening!
It's been really cold nights; it was down to 46 last night. We expect that at this time of the year but at least the days are really pleasant. I do think I need to get to Home Depot and get a tarp for the plants. There will be more cold days ahead.
I'm anxiously awaiting for my two classes, Watercolor and Guitar, to start in January. My neighbor is taking the watercolor class with me. She's an accomplished artist, primarily in pastel portraits. Watercolor is a big step out of her safety zone as it is with me who can't even draw.
There are many online instructional videos for beginning so I've started playing with my watercolors. Here is my very first watercolor. (I'm not sure but I think the word "painting" might be redundant so I didn't use it.)
I'm finding the whole subject of watercolors extremely interesting and structured. I also love the colors. I may have found my passion!
I love anything with structure and there is plenty of structure to watercolors if one chooses to accept it. I always do accept the structure when learning something new. There will be plenty of opportunities to get creative after learning the basics. My next subjects to play with will be trees and clouds.
If you think I've abandoned quilting, think again. There's a quilt show here in the park in December so I've been busy finishing off the remainder of my 8 projects for the show. Here's what I finished yesterday:
Hmmmmm....does there seem to be a prominent color theme in my painting and my quilt?

No comments:
Post a Comment