I began building this barn two years ago and I'm convinced it's going to be a never-ending project, just like the dollhouse. It seems that there's always more to it than meets the eye, from picking just the right shade of red for the siding; to cutting, painting, sanding, and painting again the more than 100 pieces of trim.
Honestly, I think that had I known how much work this was going to be, I might not have attempted this. Hahaha....this coming from someone who will probably someday count how many shingles were used!
There were always decisions to be made; how many stalls to build (2), how to get them to be stable (thanks, Rudy!), how to finish the peak of the roof (Boston Lap), what kind of glue to use (different kinds for the walls and the shingles), etc., etc., etc.
I really am pleased with the way it's turning out.
I say "turning out" instead of "turned out" because I've decided it needs (1) a cupola with a brass weather vane, (2) some ropes made with fine twine and my Kumihimo braiding disc from my jewelry-making tools, and (3) a CHICKEN COOP next to it. I saw a great little one the other day from a company in Georgia, in a 1" scale. I figured I could build something like this rather than pay $32 plus shipping and handling.
Rudy and I were looking for miniature lights for the barn yesterday but at $16-$19 apiece, I believe we'll go without.
Well, I can now cross this project off my to-do-before-we-go-to-Florida list and sit back and wait for Stella to come.

Stella's a Lucky Girl :)
ReplyDelete