Sock Monkeys!
Look at the CUTE sock monkey koozies we got in the mail!
Curly was invited to Morgan's 9th birthday party. Morgan is Rudy's youngest son Dax's girlfriend Brittany's dog. Got that? Here's a picture of Curly with Morgan when Morgan came to visit this summer.
Curly couldn't get to Shreveport for Morgan's pawty so he sent a gift instead. Here are pictures from the pawty:
 |
| Morgan and His Cake |
 |
| Brittany and Morgan Opening Curly's Present -- A Squeaky Cake with Candles to Chew Off! |
 |
| Cleaning Up From the Sock Monkey Pinata |
 |
| A Sock Monkey Bed from Morgan's Texas Grandmaw |
 |
| Sock Monkey Themed Human Snacks |
 |
| Dax Behind the Pinata and the Sock Monkey Treat Bags |
W
ere we ever surprised when a treat bag came in the mail with the Koozies and a treat for Curly. If you ever need an event planned, talk to Brittany!
Pot Stickers
I'm very much an impulse shopper in the grocery store. I love anything oriental so when I saw a bottle of Goyza Dipping Sauce a couple months ago, I didn't care if I didn't have the time or ingredients for pot stickers, I was going to have it.
I finally got around to making pot stickers this morning. It was either that or dust the bottle again. I've seen plenty of cooking blogs and I wondered how hard it would be to blog about cooking. I don't think I'll do it often. You're basically washing your hands every couple minutes before you can take a picture. But here are some pictures of my pot stickers and the process. If you want the recipe and can't find it on the internet, let me know.
 |
| I used a Martha Stewart recipe; very few ingredients but good. |
 |
| I don't like lettuce "bones" or cabbage "bones" so I always cut them out. |
 |
| Mix everything in a big bowl. |
 |
| Get your dumpling press and smallest cookie dough scoop. What? Don't have them? Then you can't make these! |
 |
| A scoop of pork mixture, wet the edges of the dough and press. |
 |
| The first pan of dumplings ready for the freezer. |
 |
| Fry in a little bit of oil until golden. |
 |
| Pour in a little chicken stock. |
 |
| Cook until they start to stick to the pan. Honestly! |
 |
| Breakfast! |
Halloween
I've been learning how to make jewelry lately. I was overwhelmed by how many techniques there are to learn and how many tools there are. I wanted to learn how to use "memory wire" so I bought some beads and a charm and made a bracelet this morning. It only took a round nose pliers and it worked out pretty cute I think.
I don't get the opportunity to try new recipes just for the two of us but we're going out later today so I made a bowl of "bones" to take along.
 |
| The Ingredients |
 |
| Drying the Bones |
 |
| A Bowl of Bones |
Garden Porn
Here's a tiny bit of garden porn for those of you who didn't see it on Facebook. My Toad Lilies are blooming. They aren't very showy until you get up close and then they're AWESOME!
 |
| Toad Lily - Perennial |
Have a great day!
I hope you like my blog!
That was fun to read. Salivated over the
ReplyDeletePot stickers!