Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Kumihimo, Dead Bird, Fishing Buddy, Wendy's Visit

Kumihimo


Here I am on a beautiful fall evening, sitting in front of the fire pit, having one of Rudy's home-brewed Chocolate Porters, trying to make a horse rope for Stella's barn with Kumihimo, a Japanese braiding disk.




Meanwhile, Rudy was the picture of total enjoyment.



This is my new favorite picture of him.




This was the first time I grew Elephant Ears.  What a success, huh?  I think you're supposed to let them die down over the winter so I haven't been watering them lately.  




 It was so nice last night with no wind and no bugs so we were able to enjoy the fire until the debate came on.  I hope everyone does their civic duty and votes. 





Dead Bird

I've been doing some cleanup in the gardens before we leave on Sunday.  I went to take down the bird feeders and was shocked to find a dead bird that had gotten stuck in a feeder.

This feeder is sold at Tractor Supply Company under the brand name of Royal Wing which is just a trademark of TSC so it could be manufactured anywhere.  I'm trying to get TSC to pull this product.  If they do, I'm going to blast all over what a responsible company they are.  If not, ??????


Fishing Buddy

Rudy and Dave
Our fishing buddy and best friend stopped by today.  He was one of the first people we met when we moved down here and we've been good friends ever since.  We met him over at the campground one weekend when we were all camping.  We haven't camped over there for a couple years now even though it's a great spot and only 5 miles from our house.  With our 4 months camping in Florida and one or two other camping trips during the year, usually to Wisconsin, we need to stay home some of the time!  

I hope Rudy and Dave catch some big ones on Thursday!

Wendy's Visit

Wendy and Stella will be here tomorrow night from North Carolina.  Bryan is stationed in Virginia for several months.  Wendy has some horse business but we'll be able to visit for a few days before we all go our separate ways again.  It's been a couple months since I've seen Stella.  She's 5 now!  Can't wait to see my girls!!  And guess what the next post will be all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment