We've been on the road for the past couple of days. (I just realized there's a bug in blogger so I can't put pictures in here from my iPad.)
We left Tennessee on a cold, dreary day and headed south. We got quite far and stayed the first night in a Walmart parking lot in Troy, Alabama. That really works out great for us. It's free, we don't have to unhook the camper, and we always seem to be within walking distance of a restaurant.
We got on the road early the next morning and went to our second stop, Panama City Beach. I have a favorite quilt shop there and they did not disappoint. I found some things I was looking for and some I wasn't. PCB also has a wonderful fish market, the likes of which we haven't been able to find in St. Pete. I think we'll explore more of the close-by Tampa area this year and see if we can find a good fresh fish market there.
We always spend two days in PCB but it was not as pleasant this trip. The campground was FULL of those nasty, SHARP sand spurs (or sand burs) so Curly would not walk around there at all. Luckily there was a great dog park about 6 miles away so we took him there several times a day. We stayed at the same campground before....don't understand why we didn't have the sand spurs this bad before.
Last night was spent in Lake City, FL. We found a very convenient campground several trips ago called, "In and Out Campground." All the sites are pull-thru's and there is diesel fuel on-site. The sites are level so we don't have to unhook but we can put the slides out. And there's plenty of walking territory for Curly without sand spurs.
We'll be leaving this morning for a 3-1/2 hour ride to our final destination for the next 4 months. It's almost time to begin "our other life."
No comments:
Post a Comment