I always like to remind myself how crappy the weather was when we left Tennessee! I know they'll have some very nice days up there and I'll miss working out in my gardens, but.....
.....now that we're down here in St. Petersburg, FL, one of the first things I did was to start my Florida garden. Within two months, we'll have tomatoes (Patio and Better Boy), Armenian cucumbers, basil and lettuce.
I get a lot of comments about my "garden" as people walk by but it will be nothing compared to the comments I expect to get once my lettuce starts growing. I'm a big fan of pinterest and if you've never seen it, by all means, look it up. It's a place where you can see links from other people for all kinds of interests, e.g., home decor, cooking, gardening, crafts, travel, art, etc., etc., etc. I get many of my ideas from pinterest and I saw one where the person took a big, round, metal, galvanized tub and planted two different types of lettuces in a big spiral. I used red and green leaf lettuce for mine and I didn't want the weight of a big galvanized tub so I just bought a plastic pot saucer at Home Depot. I wasn't sure how to plant the spiral, so I made myself some guides with aluminum foil. I can hardly wait to see how it comes out!
Other than my garden and getting reacquainted with all our old friends, and some new ones, we're just settling in slowly.
No comments:
Post a Comment